ROOT CANAL TREATMENT IN COIMBATORE
Root canal treatment, also known as endodontic treatment, is a dental procedure that involves the removal of infected or damaged pulp from the inside of a tooth, followed by cleaning, disinfection, and sealing of the root canals. The goal of root canal treatment is to save a tooth that would otherwise need to be extracted due to irreversible damage or infection of the pulp, which is the soft tissue inside the tooth that contains nerves, blood vessels, and connective tissue.
Root canal treatment is typically recommended when the pulp of a tooth becomes infected or inflamed due to various reasons, such as deep tooth decay, trauma, cracked tooth, repeated dental procedures on the same tooth, or gum disease. The symptoms of a tooth needing root canal treatment may include severe toothache, sensitivity to hot or cold foods/drinks, swelling of the gums or face, or a darkened tooth color.
The root canal treatment process generally involves the following steps:
- Diagnosis and assessment: The dentist or endodontist (a dentist who specializes in root canal treatment) will evaluate the tooth and take X-rays to determine the extent of the infection or damage to the pulp and assess the condition of the surrounding tissues.
- Anesthesia: The tooth and surrounding area are numbed with local anesthesia to ensure that the procedure is comfortable and pain-free.
- Pulp removal: An access hole is made in the tooth to reach the pulp chamber and root canals. The infected or damaged pulp is carefully removed using specialized instruments, and the canals are cleaned and disinfected to remove bacteria and other debris.
- Canal filling: The cleaned and disinfected root canals are then filled with a biocompatible material called gutta-percha, which helps to seal the canals and prevent reinfection.
- Restoration: After the root canals are filled, the access hole made in the tooth is typically sealed with a temporary or permanent filling. In many cases, a dental crown is also recommended to protect the tooth and restore its strength and functionality.
- Follow-up care: Regular follow-up visits are necessary to monitor the healing process and ensure the success of the root canal treatment. Good oral hygiene practices, including brushing, flossing, and regular dental check-ups, are important to maintain the health of the treated tooth and prevent further dental problems.
Root canal treatment has a high success rate and is a conservative approach to save a tooth that would otherwise require extraction. It can relieve pain, resolve infection, and restore the tooth’s functionality, allowing patients to maintain their natural teeth and avoid more extensive dental procedures like tooth replacement with dental implants or bridges. It is important to consult with a qualified dentist or endodontist to determine if root canal treatment is the appropriate option for a particular dental condition.
Arasu Dental Care is one of the best Dental Clinic in RS Puram, Coimbatore with team of specialists to provide all kind of treatment including root canal treatment, Full Mouth Dental Implants, Braces treatment i.e. Orthodontic treatment, gums surgery, wisdom tooth removal, painless tooth extraction, gums surgery, smile designing and Kids Dentistry
Find out more- services links or other services links
FAQ FOR ROOT CANAL TREATMENT NEAR RS PURAM COIMBATORE
WILL I LOSE MY TOOTH?
The answer to this question depends on the severity of your case. If your tooth is not too badly decayed, your dentist will remove the decayed part and leave the remaining part of the tooth in your mouth, then cover it up with dental filling or a dental crown.
If the damage or decay is extensive, your dentist will recommend extracting the tooth and replacing it with an artificial tooth through the use of a dental implant.
IS A ROOT CANAL PAINFUL?
There is a misconception that root canals are painful, but the truth is they are not. Thanks to technological advances, root canals are about as painful as getting a dental filling, which is not painful at all.
HOW LONG DOES THE PROCEDURE TAKE?
Root canals typically can be done in one visit to the dentist and usually do not take more than two hours. If your problem is severe, you will likely need at least two visits to the dentist to complete the procedure.
DO I NEED A ROOT CANAL IF THE TOOTH DOES NOT HURT?
If your tooth is decayed and you leave it untreated, you will make matters worse because the decay will spread to other teeth. If you wait until you are in a significant amount of pain, your dentist might have to perform a root canal on more than one tooth. This will cost you more money than if you had taken care of it much earlier.
IS IT CHEAPER TO HAVE THE TOOTH REMOVED?
Extracting the infected tooth is an alternative to undergoing a root canal, but that option should not be on the table unless there is nothing that can be done to salvage the damaged tooth. Extracting the tooth also will not save you any money because you will be charged for the extraction and will also have to pay for the implant to replace the removed tooth, which will be more expensive than the root canal itself.
Having your teeth pulled can lead to the loss of bone density in your jaw, especially if the missing tooth is not replaced soon after it was extracted. The loss of bone density can affect your facial structure and make you appear older than you are.
DO YOU HAVE SATISFIED PATIENTS FROM OTHER PARTS OF COIMBATORE?
Arasu Dental Care, One of the best Dental Clinic in Coimbatore has satisfied patients from
Race course, Ram nagar, Saibaba colony, Vadavalli, Thondamuthur, Veerakeralam, Gandhipark, Thadagam road, Gandhipuram, Ukkadam, Ganapathy, Saranavampatti, Hope College, Town Hall, PN Pudhur and Peelamedu